Moving Magnet Actuators
The designs of the Moving Magnet Actuators have been proven in various high-end industrial equipment. These actuators can be applied frequently where high speed, high force density and a high reliability/lifetime are required. These actuators are also suitable for application in vacuum environments.
The working principle of these moving magnet voice coil actuators is that the moving part is a magnet. The coils are attached to the static part of the actuator which enables a good thermal path. A good thermal path is beneficial for high force densities. The absence of moving wires leads to a very high reliability and lifetime and does not limit the achievable accelerations and speeds. For more information about the difference with Moving Coil Voice Coil Actuators click here.
Moving magnet Actuator series
Magnetic Innovations has developed difference series of moving magnet actuators:
1) The MI-MMA series. is a frameless version. The moving part needs to be supported by an external guiding mechanism supplied by the customer.
2) The MI-MMB series. This is a version with integrated slide bearing.
3) The MI-MMS series. This is a version with integrated feedback sensor. It is still under development. For more information please contact us.
• High reliability / lifetime by abscence of moving wires
• Compact design
• No heat load on the moving part
• Suitable for vacuum applications
• High continuous and peak force possible
• Simple control through integrated feedback sensor possible (MMS series; contact us)
• Very high acceleration
• Optional: leaf springs, air bearings, hall sensor, linear encoder
• Mirror tilting
• Focusing applications
• Process- and Flow control
• Miniature position control
• Production automation
• Medical equipment
• Oscillation systems