EC Motor | Direct Drive Fan
Magnetic Innovations outerrunner technology is ideal for driving EC motors such as industrial fans. That is why we developed a EC motor based on our frameless high torque motors. This results in a direct drive, high torque EC motor with very high power density.
The motor produces over 4kW of mechanical power at 1200 RPM, while only having a weight of 15,2 kg (33.5 lbs) and building volume of ø261 mm by 116 mm (~10.3 x 4.6 inch). This makes the motor easy to handle and install, plus there is no bulky asynchronous motor blocking the airflow.
Furthermore, it reduces cost of ownership, as it is a direct drive EC motor. This means that there is no reduction or gearbox. It is also equipped with precautions to prevent ESD on the bearings, ensuring long bearing life time, making it a maintenance free motor. Moreover, it is highly efficient as it falls in IEC5 energy efficiency class, which reduces energy consumption significantly compared to other AC motors as it has a effeciency of 94%.
Key features of the EC motor are:
- 4 kW mechanical power (32Nm @ 1200 RPM)
- Reduced size (only ø261 mm by 116 mm or ~10.3 by 4.6 inch)
- Lightweight (15,2 kg/33.5 lbs)
- Maintenance free (no reduction or gears)
- Easy mounting interface for Fan
- Extended life due to robust mechanical design
- Integrated precautions against ESD in the bearing
- Integrated temperature sensor for active monitoring and control
- Horizontal and vertical mounting capability
- Protection class IP65
- Meets IE5 energy Efficiency class
- Compatible with industry standard Sensorless 3-phase Motor drives
- Low Carbon Footprint
To download the datasheet of our standard EC motor see the
If you have different specifications feel free to contact us.