LINEAR VOICE COIL ACTUATORS
If you are designing a linear motion system, there is a lot to gain by using direct drive voice coil actuators (VCA) technology. Our VCA’s shine in applications where precise control is necessary. Because our moving magnet voice coil actuators consist of a stationary coil and a moving permanent magnet assembly, they can create more stroke and force in a compact package
• High reliability / lifetime by absence of moving wires
• Compact design
• No heat load on the moving part
• Suitable for vacuum applications
• High continuous and peak force possible
• Simple control through integrated feedback sensor possible (MMS series; contact us)
• Very high acceleration
• Optional: leaf springs, air bearings, hall sensor, linear encoder
Moving magnet Actuator series
1) Frameless voice coil actuators – MI-MMA series.
2) Voice coil actuators with integrated slide bearing – MI-MMB series.
3) Motor controller, compatible with the MMA and MMB Moving Magnet VCA series.
Frameless voice coil actuators - MI-MMA series
The most cost effective type of actuators is our frameless voice coil actuator. Frameless means that the bearing is not provided with the actuator. This allows engineers to optimise their design and embed the motor in a way that is best suited for their application. These actuators are also applicable in applications in a vacuum environment. With a frameless voice coil actuator you can count on a motor with high speed, high force density, high reliability and a long lifetime.
The MMA Serie consist out of the MMA 1525, MMA 1555, MMA 3070, MMA 5536 and the MMA 9054.
MMA Actuator Series Performance Parameters
Voice coil actuators with integrated slide bearing - MI-MMB series
This is our most complete actuator, it comes with an integrated bearing systems. With this voice coil actuator engineers are not required to add their own alignment system. This can make it easier to integrate the motor into their application. The voice coil actuator can support high positioning resolutions -in combination with external position sensors and motion controllers. They enable reduced system cost, control complexity and improve robustness
The MMB Serie consist out of the MMB 1525, MMB 1555, MMB 3070, MMB 5536 and the MMB 9054.
MMB Actuator Series Performance Parameters
MOTOR CONTROLLER - Single phase 2-wire VCA Drive
Magnetic Innovations’ Moving Magnet VCA series are matched with a dedicated motor controller which is able to establish sensorless position control (no external encoder required). Hence only 2 wires are required to power and position control the actuator. The controller is an encoder and drive in one package at the size of a matchbox which can power Moving Magnet VCA’s up to 1kW.
Features Motor Controller
- No encoder required
- 2-wire actuator control
- 48Vdc, 1kW drive power
- Digital I/O (4+4)
- Configurable Analog inputs (2) & outputs (2)
- Compatible w/all MI Moving Magnet VCA’s
- Canbus & Analog interface
- Matchbox size (86,5mm x 55mm x 21mm)
- HMI included
Available Q1 2022