Magnetic Innovations developed a patented Magnetic Gravity Compensator series (MGC) which has proven itself in various high-end industrial equipment.
Our MGC avoids direct cross talk of parasitic forces from the environment disturbing the accurate controlled moving part. This is needed for high -end 6-DOF controlled mechatronic applications in which it is sometimes beneficial to obtain a low stiffness between the static and moving part.
Usually, the gravity compensator technology used in the area of MGC is based on reluctance forces and yields a high passive or active stiffness, however. This is why our MGC can be applied where high speed, high force density and a high reliability & lifetime are required both in normal industrial and in vacuum environments.
- Magnetic bias force compensates gravity and eliminates static dissipation of coils
- High reliability and lifetime due to the absence of moving wires
- Low (contactless) stiffness between static and moving magnet parts
- No heat load on the moving part, single phase actuator, water cooling possible
- Suitable for vacuum environments
- Radial clearance for 6-DOF control
- High peak and continuous force possible
- A=including Z-actuator, P=only Bias force