EC Fan Motors as an alternative to AC Fan Motors
Fans are very important, multiple industries rely on them. Most fans still depend on standard asynchronous (ac) motors, but the landscape is changing. Sustainability and the reduction of energy consumption are becoming more important. To meet these demands and to guarantee the most suitable solution Magnetic Innovations developed a high torque EC Fan Motor with very high power density. EC technology offers a great alternative. They achieve an efficiency level of up to 90%, this mean they use a lot less energy. But it also reduces heat loss, providing longer service life.
The EC Fan motor produces over 4kW of mechanical power at 1200 RPM, while only having a weight of 15,2 kg (33.5 lbs) and building volume of ø261 mm by 116 mm (~10.3 x 4.6 inch). This makes the motor easy to handle and install, plus there is no bulky asynchronous motor blocking the airflow.
Direct drive technology
Furthermore, the EC Fan motor reduces cost of ownership, as it is a direct drive motor. This means that there is no reduction or gearbox. It is also equipped with precautions to prevent ESD on the bearings, ensuring long bearing life time, making it a maintenance free motor. Moreover, it is highly efficient as it falls in IEC5 energy efficiency class, which reduces energy consumption significantly compared to other AC motors as it has a efficiency of 94%.
HIGHLIGHTS EC Fan motor
Key features of the EC motor by Magnetic Innovations are:
- 4 kW mechanical power (32Nm @ 1200 RPM)
- Reduced size (only ø261 mm by 116 mm or ~10.3 by 4.6 inch)
- Lightweight (15,2 kg/33.5 lbs)
- Maintenance free (no reduction or gears)
- Easy mounting interface for Fan
- Extended life due to robust mechanical design
- Integrated precautions against ESD in the bearing
- Integrated temperature sensor for active monitoring and control
- Horizontal and vertical mounting capability
- Protection class IP65
- Meets IE5 energy Efficiency class
- Compatible with industry standard Sensorless 3-phase Motor drives
- Low Carbon Footprint